Paul Allen U.S. analyst is predicting that number of users will reach 400 milion by the end of 2012.
Paul presents us with astonishing figures of people signing up for Google + each month
July 13 – 10 million
August 1 – 20.5 million
September 1 – 24.7 million
October 1 – 38 million (Larry Page announced “more than 40m users” on Oct 13th)
November 1 – 43 million
December 1 – 50 million
December 27 – 62 million
January 1 – 65.8 million (forecast)
February 1 – 85.2 million (forecast)
Furthermore he said 625,000 members are signing up every day and expects that number to rapidly increase – partly because over 700,000 Android devices are bought every day, which makes signing up to Google Plus easier, and partly through integration with other products and the power of word of mouth.
As many, hopefully already know Google + has been allowing business users to create business page for few months now and as google is became such a strong player in Social Media world we would like to guide you through process of setting up Google + page for your business which is as important as having Facebook page or Twitter account.
Here are few easy steps how to do it:
1. Firstly you will need to create personal Google plus profile unfortunately you will not be able to create Google + page without one. If you don’t have one sign in to your google+ account by using your username or gmail account. Simply click +You icon.
2. To begin visit Create a Page to get you started
Simply choose category from listed options
Local Business or Place – Hotels, restaurants, places, stores, services etc
You will need to input phone number and address of your business. Google will locate your business. If titwill not be able to find it you will be asked to insert details manually.
Product or brand – electronics, financial services etc
Give name to your page and type in your website address. You will also need to assign your business to one of categories listed.
Company , Institution or organization – Companies, organizations, institutions, non-profits etc
If you’ve chosen Company, Institution or organization you will be asked to name your page, enter your website address amd select category to which your company belongs to.
Arts Entertainment or Sports – Usually for Films, TV, music, books, sports, shows
Name your page, type in your web address and select one of the categories.
Other – use that option if your business will not fit in any of the categories listed above
3. After you complete steps above you will be taken to page where you can customize your Google + page. Put few words about your business, you can also upload your business logo.
4. You can edit your profile at any time by clicking on profile button and then “edit profile”
5. Once that’s done you can let know people in your circles about your new page, its great little feature.
You can do it at any time by clicking button to the bottom right hand side “Spread the word”
6. Google + introduces feature called Circles. It allows you to organize your fans by assigning them to circles. There are four circles set by default, however you can create additional if you wish. This is very powerful feature helps to helps communicate your business with right audience.
If you find this post useful, please share it so that others can make use of it too!